Students will develop their own norms in the form of a social contract, which will include:
- be on time
- be prepared
- actively listen
- actively participate
- respect others' time, ideas, and property
Students who exhibit exceptional behavior and performance will be rewarded by:
- verbal praises
- home contact (telephone, note, or email)
- participation in special activities
- Student of the Week and Month Certificates
- Britton Bobcat Bucks that can be used for the weekly raffle
Every student is entitled to a positive educational experience, where the exchange of ideas is respected and encouraged. In the event that a student chooses to interfere with the positive environment of the classroom, the following steps will be taken.
- 1st time a student chooses to interfere with instruction: Student will be sent to Stage 1 timeout environment in class for 10 minutes.
- If a student disrupts while in Stage 1: Student will be sent to Stage 2 in room 20 for 10 to 20 minutes and the parent/guardian will be contacted regarding behavior. The purpose of this is for the student to reflect on their behavior.
- If a student disrupts while in Stage 2: Student will be sent to the Asst. Principal for a conference and disciplinary action.
Note: All actions are recorded in a behavior log that can be seen and reviewed by the administration.
The actions will also be recorded in the notes section of eschool for parents to view.