- Students should be on time.
- Students should be prepared.
- Students should actively listen.
- Students should actively participate.
- Students should respect others' time, ideas, and property.
Students who exhibit exceptional behavior and performance will be rewarded by:
- Verbal praises
- Home contact (telephone, note, or email)
- Participation in special activities
- Student of the Week and Month Certificates
- Britton Bobcat Bucks that can be used for the weekly raffle.
I feel strongly that every student is entitled to a positive educational experience, where the exchange of ideas is respected and encouraged. In the event that a student chooses to interfere with the positive environment of the classroom, the following steps will be taken.
- 1st time a student chooses to interfere with instruction: Student will be sent to Stage 1 timeout environment in class for 10 minutes.
- If a student disrupts while in Stage 1: Student will be sent to Stage 2 in room 20 for 10 to 20 minutes and I will contact a parent/guardian regarding behavior. The purpose of this is for the student to reflect on their behavior.
- If a student disrupts while in Stage 2: Student will be sent to the Asst. Principal for a conference and disciplinary action.
Note: All actions are recorded in a behavior log that can be seen and reviewed by the administration.
The actions will be also recorded in the notes section of eschool for parents to view.